Friday, January 26, 2007

Nipple Confusion

So Ellen started teaching her course at Canisius which means once a week it's just Lucas and myself all alone for about 4 hours. As some of you may know, babies eat all the time, usually every two to three hours. So doing simple math, this means that once a week I need to feed Lucas while Ellen is gone. Due to his father's anatomical shortcomings, this was a source of anxiety for me. I was not sure how he would respond to a bottle, plus in the back of my head I kept thinking about the dreaded "gingivi...", I mean nipple confusion.
So as any musician would do, we tried it out the day night before, our little dress rehearsal.


Well, he didn't seem to mind. But then it hit him.



"How did YOU do that?!?!" he seemed to wonder! "YOU are not suppossed to do THAT!" However, he quickly got over it and resumed feeding.

I am happy to report that the next day went without a hitch, and though he will drink from a bottle, he much prefers the real thing.

No comments: